Monday, December 22, 2008

I Saw An Ad On The Internet With Obama's IQ And Had My First Twinge Of Doubt

The ad said, "Obama's IQ is 128, Is your's higher?, Take this test and see."

I'd already taken the test, so I knew mine was higher. How weird is that? He got the Oval Office and all I got was this lousy blog.

But the frisson I felt wasn't about being theoretically smarter than the President of the United States, it was that number, "128."

You see, that was my late father's IQ. My father was a notorious con artist who specialized in faking different roles in life. In his time, he successfully faked being everything from a motor pool manager to a psychologist to a ship's captain.

Rather than put in the years on the job for the experience or go to school for the training, he'd simply go to a library, find a book on the subject, and show up the next day for the interview. He was always hired. Must have given a hell of an interview.

And he always got caught. He was smart enough to fake it, just not smart enough to avoid pissing somebody off so they'd try to get something on him. Background checks are a bitch.

It's a funny story how I found out my father's IQ, but I'll let it slide.

As for Obama, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Del.icio.us Digg Stumble Upon Toolbar propeller Furl

No comments: