Sunday, November 19, 2006

Lost in the forest

I've been running some of the political blogs today. This seems to be a popular pastime for people with too much time on their hands.

The blogs I gravitate to are those that seem more left of center and/or fact-based than not, if for no other reason than the spelling and grammer are less distracting.

I don't know why there seems to be some kind of correlation between the political left and more or less accurate spelling any more than I know why people who identify themselves as Conservatives always seem to look kind of wierd.

Surprisingly, The Huffington Post had some interesting articles and comments, as did the recently purged TPMCafe. One of the down sides of blogs that accept comments, as I'm sure you've noticed, is that there seems to be a vast supply of loony, vindictive, screwballs out there who live to trash talk. This can be a problem for blogs that are trying to attract grownups.

Oddly, loony, vindictive, trash-talking screwballs seem to view themselves as the sane ones. Everyone else is a dumbass. They are doing the world a service by pointing this out in the strongest language they can muster that will be understood by the dumbasses they are improving with their wit and wisdom.

While not a blog, Truthout.org is, for me anyway, a don't miss daily ritual. I find more articles there to get righteously upset about than nearly anywhere else, including Muckraker.

When I find a blog or newsy site I like, I bookmark it. This has become a problem. I've got so many bookmarks, folders, and subdirectories I can't remember the locations of the ones that were marginal, which ones were worthwhile, or which ones were really worthwhile. I need to take a weekend to sort this out.


Del.icio.us Digg Stumble Upon Toolbar propeller Furl

No comments: